How to choose a kitchen knife? How can I choose knives?
How to choose a kitchen knife?
When you buy a knife, what is your most important point to consider? shape? price? or type of steel? most of people will take price and appearance of knife. However, if you are a chef, you better consider at purpose and performance first than just shape of knife.
So, how can you pick your Excalibur? Before just grab one, you have to answer these questions first:
- What kind of cuisine do you work at? what section?
- What knives do you have at the moment?
- What type of knives do you need to buy? or wanna upgrade to better one, even you already have?
- What level are you on? (especially at maintaining knives. Are you sure you can manage carbon steel knives?)
- What is your budget for it?(are you looking for a just cheap shit or wanna invest to the most usable item in a kitchen? or are you a knives collector?)
after all those questions, what you need to concern about is
knives type, material, blade length, shape and price.
I will post about knives type and steel type later.
Now, you can see what you should buy I guess. However, if you still in a trouble? Don’t worry at all!
EDGE OF STEEL